[lbo-talk] Protest in Olympia

Gar Lipow the.typo.boy at gmail.com
Mon May 31 22:23:40 PDT 2010

We had about 100 people in Olympia which is not bad for a hick town on short notice. Craig and Cindy Corrie were there, and it is always good to see them, and they got an interview with a local TV station. A fair number of thumbs up, honking and other positive responses from passing cars, though about 5% of total. Really occassional people giving us the finger, or waving an American flag or shouting "Israel" or other negative response. Overwhelming majority gave us blank looks which I mentally translated into "Gaza? What is happening in Gaza? And why are you making a fuss about it on Memorial Day."