[lbo-talk] the end of Behind the News

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Tue Nov 2 10:55:06 PDT 2010

On Mon, November 1, 2010 2:42 pm, Doug Henwood wrote:

> http://lbo-news.com/2010/11/01/the-end-of-“behind-the-news”/

Let me add my voice to the chorus of laments. The saddest part is that I can't say I'm surprised -- it was sort of obvious that the station was falling apart, along with pretty much everything else in this falling rockslide of a country. If they're going to trash one of their best radio shows, they're not worth your time.

But to quote one of my favorite Greek mythology-themed franchises, "This is not the end." (Gaia speaking to Kratos in "God of War 2"). Really, think seriously about raising the pirate flag and setting sail on the podcast seas. Forget the studio, all you need is Audacity, a mic, and a tip jar for donations. If the total system declares us all pirates, then pirates we be. Yarrrr!

-- DRR