[lbo-talk] Tea Party: less than meets the eye

Chip Berlet c.berlet at publiceye.org
Tue Nov 2 15:14:36 PDT 2010

It is not about the election...

It is about pulling the Republican Party to the Right.

The Democrats moving to the right to appear centrist.

And the mobilization and "education" of about 20 million people through fear to scapegoat Blacks, Muslims, Mexicans, Immigrants, and gay people for the real problems faced by our society.

The grassroots wing of the Tea Parties is a social movement. Trying to analyze it as a political campaign organization is asinine.

-Chip Berlet