[lbo-talk] Saturday

Mike Beggs mikejbeggs at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 16:05:57 PDT 2010

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 9:21 AM, Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I'm not against the event, anymore than I'm against Burning Man, though I'd
> probably never attend either.  What turned me off was the speech, and that's
> what Dennis P. and Blum were talking about.

Yeah - most of the critical pieces I've read have made the point that the crowd was generally to the left of Stewart/Colbert and that it was too bad the latter channeled the message towards banal centrism. As Tom Tomorrow put it on Twitter, "It feels like a lot of ppl who are excited about this thing may find themselves described as part of the problem."

Mike