[lbo-talk] Saturday

martin schiller mschiller at pobox.com
Tue Nov 2 20:01:04 PDT 2010

On Nov 2, 2010, at 7:32 PM, Dennis Claxton wrote:

> At 07:19 PM 11/2/2010, martin schiller wrote:
>

>> He gave a party.
>
> It was much more than that. It's been a news item for months and was held at the nation's capitol a couple days before mid-term elections. How is that just a party?

There are a lot of things that I haven't thought about. I'm reading this thread and learning a little about how to analyze the things I hear and to read a little deeper.

To my ear, the guy gave a big party - however he worked it - and if he can work corporate media to our advantage, you gotta love it. Even if it's an illusion that we're all 'fellow travelers' - it's an illusion like the good kind of fun house mirrors.