[lbo-talk] Does QE2 work?

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Wed Nov 3 16:35:01 PDT 2010

Doug writes:

>> It certainly will continue to hammer the dollar.
>
> It's not clear that they care, is it?

There's always been a willingness to let the dollar slide in cases like this because, so the theory goes, the dollar is the worst thing in the world -- except for everything else. It could become a problem -- and people like Bill Gross think we're already there -- if it impacted the US AAA credit rating. That probably would only happen if the deficit continued to go up after the economy turns around.

I think the current crop of folks believes the dollar at this point is the least of their worries. If they can bring back the economy, the dollar will correct itself. In the mean time anyone who wants to buy foreign goods will feel the pinch.

/jordan