[lbo-talk] Does QE2 work?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Nov 3 17:05:12 PDT 2010

Several decades ago, Sweezy in discussing some projected reform, argued that if the working class had the power to force _that_ on the capitalists, it had the power to overthrow the state. Hence, dreaming of or working for the reform in question was pointlesds. I rather think nationalizing the banks falls into that category.

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Miles Jackson Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2010 6:47 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Does QE2 work?

On 11/3/2010 4:01 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:
> They can buy all the bonds they want but they can't make the banks lend
out the cash. Until that changes, QE2 is bupkes.

> Doug

They could if we nationalized the banks! (A guy can dream, can't he?)