[lbo-talk] Some scary thoughts

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Thu Nov 4 17:28:24 PDT 2010

Raúl Grijalva, complained today it was the Democratic leadership that urged them to protect the Blue Dog seats and acquiesce to moderates' concerns. That worked.

And then there are the wars. Absolute silence. Back in 2004 the DLC urged Democrats to `work with' Bush in his wars. This time around it was silence on wikileaks and prosecute the whistleblowers.

Given all that, just where does Obama think he can work with Republicans to get things done?

Scary answer: education reform

---and other policies with a public-private partnership spin.

Here is a column that follows this:

Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-Ariz.), the co-chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, was asked on the radio/TV/Internet news hour Democracy Now! whether it was his sense that Obama hopes to make education his welfare reform.

"That's my sense and also my concern, to be quite honest,"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/04/grijalva-vows-to-defend-p_n_778834.html