[lbo-talk] Open letters from Stefano Kourkoulakos and LeoPanitch

D. T. Cochrane dtc at yorku.ca
Fri Nov 5 08:32:54 PDT 2010

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 11:07 AM, Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net>wrote:

> At 06:27 AM 11/5/2010, D. T. Cochrane wrote:
>

> The last says that accumulation - which they argue is judged solely in
>> financial
>> terms and must be judged *differentially* - cannot be explained by any one
>> set of institutions that can be described as the 'economy,' but instead
>> depend on a vast, diverse array of social relations that transcend any
>> analytical division between 'economy' and 'politics.'
>>

> This is news?

I wrote: "Of course, many other theorists have said some of these things, in pieces." That said, you tell me who else has written on the importance of the differential conception of accumulation and further, the meaning behind this conception and then empirically demonstrated the power of using this as an analytical tool?

D. T. Cochrane