[lbo-talk] Neoliberal Europe vs. Keynesian USA

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 20:39:47 PDT 2010

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 3:27 PM, SA <s11131978 at gmail.com> wrote:

> What I'd like to learn from you, since I don't read German, is why Germany's
> unique political/economic culture is so exceptionally hardline about
> inflation and rigor. The cliche is that it's bad memories of Weimar but that
> sounds a little too pat to me.
>
> SA

Maybe the Austrian Economics School (and the Ayn Rand zealots who often quote it) gained influence in academic or public policy circles as of late?. You know, the "liberal" Europe with its "safety net" has been touted as a "bad example" for American Reganomics advocates for years...

http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/L-ausintro.htm http://www.ecaef.li/ http://mises.org/about.aspx

Never underestimate the power of well-paid think tanks and their ability to influence public discourse and politicians...

FC