[lbo-talk] Tea Party: less than meets the eye

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 10:56:35 PST 2010

Shane: "Its public knowledge"

[WS:] It is also "public knowledge" that Obama's trip to India has the price tag of $200 million a day plus diversion of 34 warships.

As to policy objectives and motives - taking official statements for their face value is not much more reliable than imputing those motives based on one's own attitudes. Fortunately, there are other, more reliable sources of information, such as internal documents, recorded conversations (cf. Nixon tapes) or inside leaks. None is perfect or immediately available, but they are closer to the source than guesses of people who have no way of knowing it for a fact (i.e 99+% of the public.)

Wojtek