[lbo-talk] Tea Party: less than meets the eye

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 14:32:32 PST 2010

Miles: " O's motivations and intentions are irrelevant. --A crude analogy: a gun goes off, someone dies."

[WS:] Fair enough. But to pursue your crude analogy - it would matter quite a bit who put the contract on, no? The lefties maintain it was O's administration - I say bollocks. If anything, O's administration was a hit man who carried out contract in a way to inflict minimum collateral damage.

Every political party in a democracy is responsive to power balance. It must be or otherwise it would be wiped out of their existence. Currently the power balance is such that the capital has all the power while its opponents have very little, if any. It is utterly naive to expect any political party to side with those who have no power against those who have a lot of power.

Any political party in this situation would go with the dictates of power.

If anything, O's administration deserves a credit for accomplishing what they did in this situation - they faced a force majeure and they softened the blow a bit.

Wojtek