[lbo-talk] Sacrificial rationality

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 16:30:11 PST 2010

Shane: "your caricature of the philistine notion of mass irrationality"

[WS:] If there is any caricature here, it is the above statement. I did not say it is "irrationality" but rationality of a different kind than the Weberian "purpose rationality." It is the same rationality as one underlying magic rituals since the beginning of humankind. Check out Malinowski's anthropological studies of myth and magic or Meyer & Rowan's work on myth in modern organizations. The left does not understand this other form of rationality - it either calls it "false consciousness" or denies its existence by changing the subject to blaming institutions.

Wojtek