[lbo-talk] online donations

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 18:38:53 PST 2010

On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 3:13 PM, shag carpet bomb <shag at cleandraws.com>wrote:

Our bike group wants to raise some money to fund some of the expenses we're
> incurring to build a float, and we want to encourage all our members to
> pitch in a buck or two.

For artsy things like that, you probably want to go with Kickstarter. I know a few people who have used it recently and reported good things about it.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/prospero/2010/10/crowd-funding_art

For general fundraising, I believe PayPal is still the gold standard.

(Apropos of nothing, it appears that Microsoft's bundled dictionary doesn't recognize "fundraising" as a valid word, although it has no objection to "artsy." How weird is that?)