[lbo-talk] Tea Party: less than meets the eye

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 17:13:03 PST 2010

What Krugman is saying is that the stimulus offered b O's administration was inadequate - a point that nobody in this discussion seems to contest. He also says that O should have tried to push a bigger stimulus even though he may have failed to push it through Congress, which is clearly an acknowledgement of serious political obstacles to the stimulus (a point that I was making as well.) Furthermore, Krugman, and Marv, believe that O would have been better off had he taken the risk and push the thing anyway, even if it was bound to fail. I acknowledged that it is possible, but I am not sure why he did not do it. May be he miscalculated, may be he got cold feet, maybe he knew something that we (or Krugman) do not know. So I do not see much difference between what you quoted and what I argued, except conjectures about possible outcomes of the counterfactual.

Wojtek