[lbo-talk] Imperial Chickens Come Home to Roost

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Tue Nov 9 20:36:46 PST 2010

Here's an interesting puzzle piece. Two of the top 5 and three of the top 10 new personal auction records in 2010 for contemporary artists were set in Hong Kong. Dennis Claxton

I looked at a few examples. This is the most decadent worthless shit, I've seen since the seamless hermaphoditic bodies of art nouveau were lounging on fake renaissance benches in the alpinglow of fall afternoons---all very fuckable if you could figure out where to put it in. Does it go in here, or in there? I am dazed and confused.

``It's this kind of thing that worries me about Jeffrey Deitch coming to run MOCA...''

I share your worry. Just to cheer you up try Charlie Mingus, Moanin':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__OSyznVDOY

Getting back to traditional LA values.

CG