[lbo-talk] Rhythm of U.S. Politics and the taks of Leftists , was. . .less than meets the eye

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Nov 10 09:18:19 PST 2010

michael perelman Carter started out with good intentions, but after the failed rescue of the hostages in Teheran, he put Brezhenski in charge of foreign policy. ------- I don't see how it can be determined whether a person's intententions were good, bad, or non-existent. And this has been the excuse for criminals in the White House since liberals began calling the Vietnam War a "mistake" or a "aberration."

And I suspect if one includes the death toll in El Salvador, Nicarguar, and Guatemala, the number of lives Carter allegedly saved would, in comparison, be a drop in the bucket. He was the prime move of a deacd of horror in Central America.