[lbo-talk] Tea Party: less than meets the eye

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Wed Nov 10 10:06:34 PST 2010

On Nov 10, 2010, at 12:17 PM, Wojtek S wrote:

> Shane: "On the other hand, all marxists (small m) understand that the
> "state" serves the "elites" in all matters important to the "elite.""
>
> [WS:] I know that, Shane, but I am not a marxist (small or capital
> M), lest
> you failed to notice that...

It was "noticed" long ago

..
> I was interested...in the prospect of the passage [of] a particular
> institutional
> solution...Any ideas on that?

He wrote: "it does not comply with the class interests of those in authority," which of course puts this exercise in cartelization (far down) in the "Modest Proposal" category. The "institutional solution" needed involves a *democratic* federalism with a directly elected central bank charged with ensuring full employment and eliminating fictitious capital, after the eurobanksters have been forced into receivership by debt repudiation. The prospects for this *real* solution are identical to the prospects (presently nonexistent but longer-term unknowable) for revolutionary political change across Europe.

Shane Mage

"Thunderbolt steers all things." Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr. 64