[lbo-talk] Why Obama doesn't suck

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 10:10:18 PST 2010

That's a good point. At the same time, I remember seeing this as a political document to legitimate a program seen as all that could realistically be achieved given Republican resistance (assuming they were unwilling to push for something that'd do more before the fight started, 'cuz they assumed they'd lose). Wojtek's right, Marv and I can't prove historical counterfactuals, though. What made me see the document as more legitimation than analysis were the strong critiques of it by academic economists who thought the assumptions behind the math more than a little rosey. Nevertheless, if we're to take them at their word rather than read more in, you're quite correct.