[lbo-talk] Note on the Panthers

Chuck Munson chuck0munson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 20:57:27 PST 2010

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 9:47 PM, Miles Jackson <cqmv at pdx.edu> wrote:
> Carrol Cox wrote:
>

>> If Hilliard speaks near any of you, I highly recommend attending. To be
>> ignorant of the Panthers is to be a total ignoramus in respect to the
>> '60s.
>>
>> Carrol
>
> I'm happy to report that Hilliard spoke at our community college about a
> month ago.  It was well attended and well received, much to my pleasant
> surprise.

On of the former Panthers spoke on the UMKC campus a few years ago to a large crowd of students. Forget who is was.

Angela Davis gave the MLK keynote earlier this year at UMKC and that was attended by several thousand people.

Not surprised that the breakfast program triggered the FBI. Over the years, the authorities always overreact to similar programs. Just look at all the repression against Food Not Bombs and the recent revelations in Pennsylvania and Iowa.

Chuck0