[lbo-talk] Imperial Chickens Come Home to Roost

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Sat Nov 13 11:33:07 PST 2010

I'd hardly call it "development."

There is questioning of the authority of the narrator and the truth-value of the narration starting with at least Defoe. The exploration of these issues produces richer and more radical narratives: Conrad and Woolf being the greatest examples. But this is not the same thing as the rejection of narrative, which is a whole other kettle of fish and has little that is liberatory about it.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis Claxton" <ddclaxton at earthlink.net> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org, lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Saturday, November 13, 2010 3:00:16 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Imperial Chickens Come Home to Roost