[lbo-talk] Why Obama doesn't suck

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Tue Nov 16 08:56:38 PST 2010

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010, Doug Henwood wrote:

> But there are few elements of U.S. capital that support the agenda you
> mention. The crisis of the parties - the idiocy of the Dems, the
> absolute insanity of the Reps - reflects the decay of our ruling class.

Exactly what I was suggesting when I said it could result from capital as a whole not being able to override its factions.

But that would suggest its problem doesn't come from being the party of capital that fakes that it isn't, but rather that the capital it represents is itself politically incoherent.

Perhaps the Repugs represent a narrower, more provincial swathe of capital that is easier to organize? Even though its goals are short-sighted?

Michael