[lbo-talk] Rough Trade Shops proves I'm no longer hip

Gary Mongiovi MONGIOVG at stjohns.edu
Tue Nov 16 10:47:44 PST 2010

I've heard Arcade Fire--can't say I find them that interesting--and of course Brian Eno, formerly of Hawkwind, though again not my cup o' tea.

Moving down the list a bit, I discovered Midlake, a Texas (I think) band, about six months ago. Their latest, The Courage of Others (No. 44 on the list) is superb. Hard to describe--kind of like Robyn Hitchcock meets Neil Young.

Gary

Message: 9 Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 13:21:17 -0500 From: Alan Rudy <alan.rudy at gmail.com> Subject: [lbo-talk] Rough Trade Shops proves I'm no longer hip To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Message-ID:

<AANLkTimmg=w-8PWWGxdX_5rF0FpZ6AN-5f+JASmKEbw6 at mail.gmail.com> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

Anyone have positive descriptions/feelings for any of the top 25 of Rough Trade Shops' Top 100 albums of 2010 listed here?

http://www.roughtrade.com/site/content.lasso?page=AOY_2010_11-100_v2.html

I've heard Caribou at least...