[lbo-talk] Rough Trade Shops proves I'm no longer hip

Hein Marais hein at marais.as
Tue Nov 16 23:37:20 PST 2010

Joel, if that's your thing, seek out Chris Watson's work. You may remember him from Cabaret Voltaire in the early 1980s. My favourite of his is a recording of glaciers shifting, which he turns into a troubling, emotional piece of work, believe it or not. And yes, the new Swans is remarkable -- will melt your heart (and bits of the rest of you). Oh, and whoever said Brian Eno was in Hawkwind before must have meant to say Roxy Music. Talking of whom, one of the more better (and more interesting) releases this year is Black Dog's Music for Real Airports, a reposte to Eno's Music for Airports. You can read about it and hear snippets here: http://www.musicforrealairports.com/live/