[lbo-talk] Buffett: Pretty Good for Government Work

Mark Wain wtkh at comcast.net
Wed Nov 17 16:25:31 PST 2010

(Mark:)

Buffett is hypocritical when he said, "300 million Americans were in the domino line as well. Just days before, the jobs, income, 401(k)'s and money-market funds of these citizens had seemed secure. Then, virtually overnight, everything began to turn into pumpkins and mice. There was no hiding place. A destructive economic force unlike any seen for generations had been unleashed," without government's bailout of the banks. No, from the ordinary populace's standpoint, the bailout that Buffett touted was politician's sell-out to the banksters and their minions and an unwise strategy to the working and middle classes. Bailout was not the right approach at all to the 300 million people.

The best approach to head off the financial disaster was and still is to nationalize the five major banks and to expropriate in total all their properties, assets, credits and debts under the nation state's complete control. There should have no any need to give them even a cent of the bailout money.

Buffett's big fraud is his treating his readership as some gullible gawks and his big lie is his mean-spiritedly suborning the government to serve the monopoly capital as its ATM at taxpayers' endless peril. Buffett, the suborner, spouted encomiums about the corrupted officials in the Bush II and Obama administrations to induce them keeping paying him and his cohort through their bloodlust kleptomaniac corporation huge cash repeatedly at the working and middle classes' enormous expenses. He said in April 2010, "Goldman Sachs did good things and encourage them keep doing the good things." Whom Goldman Sachs did good things? To him as a major shareholder, of course; Goldman Sachs and other banks in the monopoly obtained license to steal the incredulous homeowners and foreclose their homes with false documents; and "government faces blackmail: step in or collapse." The U.S. thievery capitalism under the unscrupulous capitalists' double-talk perversely designed a market place for the system to collapse. "The best way to rob a bank is to own one."

Buffet said, "There's class warfare, all right, but it's my class, the rich class, that's making war, and we're winning." Yes, the capitalist class is winning not because of its popularity among the working people but because of its Fascistic, monopolized and illegal rule of the three branches and the civil society as the fourth one to boot.

Who is "we" and who is "our" in his letter? "To say 'we' and mean 'I' is one of the most recondite insults." - T.W. Adorno. This facetious letter, which is full of drivel and lies, is very insulting to the wisdom of the populace newly disenchanted from the wrong system by the Great Stagnation, although they had been screwed for so long by abiding exploitation and oppression of the bourgeoisie.