[lbo-talk] Why Obama doesn't suck

Marv Gandall marvgand at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 05:46:00 PST 2010

On 2010-11-18, at 7:22 AM, SA wrote:

> On 11/18/2010 12:32 AM, Marv Gandall wrote:
>
>> If you and Charles and SA are consistent, you will be defending Obama's efforts to reach a compromise BEFORE rather than after a confrontation
>
> You know, after the first few repetitions, this habit of attributing an opinion to me that isn't mine stops being a debating trick and starts getting really irritating.

1. I think the debate we've been having turns precisely on this issue. I didn't have the impression you favoured confrontation rather than accommodation with the Republican right and the interests they represent. You've been saying, with Woj and Charles, that there was and is no actual or potential majority in the US for tougher measures than those promoted and passed by the Obama administration.

2. Evidently, Woj sees you on his side of the debate as well: