[lbo-talk] Why Obama doesn't suck

Marv Gandall marvgand at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 07:47:28 PST 2010

On 2010-11-18, at 9:18 AM, Alan Rudy wrote:

> Marv, while I think you're correct in general. At the same time, I think
> SA's positions have had a great deal more nuance and data and that he's also
> said that his personal predilections aren't embodied by the position he sees
> the data leading him to. I think, SA's saying that he finds himself neither
> with Woj and Charles nor with you and I on this and would just as soon not
> be lumped here or there (with the intended resonant image of green eggs and
> ham).

In the interest of forging a minimum basis of unity, I propose the following resolution: :)

WHEREAS Republican leaders declared they were too busy this week to accept President Obama’s invitation to meet to discuss policy and dine Thursday;

AND WHEREAS White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said the White House "met the first test of bipartisanship by agreeing to the delay";

BE IT RESOLVED THAT this pathetically lame response to an egregious snub represented a new low, even by Democratic standards, of how to win the respect of the American people.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2010/11/17/mcconnell-calls-on-dems-to-get-on-board/