[lbo-talk] Rough Trade Shops proves I'm no longer hip

Hein Marais hein at marais.as
Fri Nov 19 01:22:02 PST 2010

Mike, saw Penman's skewering. Over the year's I've found his verdicts are not off the mark too often, though I like and respect Eno enough to hope he's wrong this time.

Has anyone come across Bob L Sturm's "Music from the Ocean"? "Field recordings", so to speak, generated with the data collected at offshore buoys off the coast of California . None of the soothing, gurgling sounds one hears on Attenborough's Blue Planet -- just these undulating electric sheets of sound, a real sense of relentless immensity. You can read an interview with Sturm here: http://www.swanfungus.com/2009/06/interview-bob-l-sturm.html