[lbo-talk] Krugman: Simple motives behind austerity

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Nov 19 12:54:43 PST 2010

Michael Pollak:

Indeed I am. So does this mean the whole idea that you can interpret progressive business vs. reactionary business during this archetypal period as an opposition between big capital and small capital doesn't factually hold water?

======

Divisions among capitalists (however defined) have always been the the fantasies by which tired radicals lulled themselves to sleep. Our list Pollyanna and his pretense that new and vicious capitalist powers will redeem the world is actually just a variation on that old lullyby.

Carrol