[lbo-talk] feeling good

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 13:34:39 PST 2010

And "reforming capitalism" is an oxymoron, which is perhaps what Doug meant. It is capitalist relations that enslave humanity, and capitalism is those relations! At its best (whatever that means) it is barbarism. How many lives around the world were being destroyed during that "golden age" of u.s. capitalism, the 1950s. The Central American peasants would have been much better off over a clumsy and brutal feudalism.

Carrol

^^^^^^^^ CB: I'm glad you are being honest, comrade. Hard to think of a more "all or nothing at all" , ultra-left conception than that there is no such thing as reforming capitalism. This implies that the New Deal, Civil Rights Movement, Women's movement and War on Poverty,etc. accomplished nothing lasting. That claim is a good way to discourage future struggles.

Then we have the US is "barbaric" , yet there's no danger of fascism here. What sense does that make ?