[lbo-talk] Wikileaks according to The Guardian

Somebody Somebody philos_case at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 28 17:57:17 PST 2010

Everytime Wikileaks comes out with another massive disclosure we hear that it's nothing new. I swear to God, if the Bolsheviks revealed the Sykes-Picot Agreement today we'd be told it's all old news. Oh the French, British, and Russians were into colonialism? We already knew that!

There are over 250,000 documents here from embassies around the world revealing secrets about U.S. views, policies, and operations concerning Russia, Germany, Turkey, Iran, Honduras, Kenya, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, United Kingdom, Afghanistan and on and on. If this isn't new, I don't know what is.

This is so enormous a disclosure it should be the *only* story for quite some time, if the press actually does its job and works it's way through the material. For that matter, that's the left's job too.