[lbo-talk] Wikileaks according to The Guardian

Marv Gandall marvgand at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 08:01:17 PST 2010

On 2010-11-29, at 10:24 AM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> The gambit of 'leaking' disinformation is a very ancient one. It is one of
> the reasons, in fact, that espionage has always, even when successful, been
> of doubtful use in warfare.

==================== When the US decides to leak documents about NK arms sales to Iran or other meaterial, it does so selectively rather than through through a batch dump of a quarter million disconnected documents , and directly to trusted journalists rather than through a suspect third party like wikileaks.

How does catty gossip about foreign leaders and further details of the scope of US diplomatic espionage and Arab regimes' collusion with the US and Israel constitute "disinformation" which advances American foreign policy interests?