[lbo-talk] Ravitch v. Gates

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Tue Nov 30 19:18:08 PST 2010

Yes: Warren/Ravitch for a presidential ticket!!

J.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Pollak" <mpollak at panix.com> To: "lbo-talk" <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 7:04:20 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Ravitch v. Gates

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010, Doug Henwood wrote:

> A spirited critique of Bill Gates from Diane Ravitch:
>
> http://voices.washingtonpost.com/answer-sheet/diane-ravitch/ravitch-answers-gates.html

That's tremendous. She's my new hero up there with Elizabeth Warren.

BTW, I think you'll enjoy her PS in yesterday's blog post when she first heard about the Newsweek article:

<quote>

http://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/Bridging-Differences/2010/11/bill_gates_listens_to_the_wron_1.html

P.S.: I see in the latest issue of Newsweek that Bill Gates considers me his biggest adversary. Now that's really funny! Him, with all those billions and a huge staff. Me, with a computer (an Apple, by the way) and a voice. In the end, what wins: Ideas or money? We'll see.

<unquote>

Michael