[lbo-talk] the Mises gang pays tribute to Rudolf Rocker

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Sat Oct 2 18:57:39 PDT 2010

Doug relayed:

A Tribute to Rudolf Rocker (1873?1958) by Jeff Riggenbach on October 1, 2010

http://mises.org/daily/4732

Neither Rocker nor the Mises Institute types grasped what Marx was critiquing about bourgeois economics, even in the first chapter of the first volume of CAPITAL. Both Rocker and Mises types are obsessed with liberty. So am I. But unlike them, I have no illusions that liberty can be attained within a society dominated by commodity production. Freedom in a bourgeois society is defined negatively i.e. my freedom is your unfreedom. Wage-slavery is not freedom. It might feel nice and libertarian to the employing class; but it's not liberty for the working class. *********************************************************************** "Whence, then, arises the enigmatical character of the product of labour, so soon as it assumes the form of commodities? Clearly from this form itself." http://wobblytimes.blogspot.com/