[lbo-talk] More on Robert Paul Wolff

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Tue Oct 5 07:51:09 PDT 2010

I share your sentiments. But more than "resolving difference" it tries to make difference inoffensive and, in creating unintuitive combinations of cuisines, it stresses the "arbitrary" nature of the differences. That is, rather than realizing that each cuisine (like each language) holds a mystery that can be experienced but not solved, it treats this mystery like a variable that can be inserted into any culinary equation.

Offensive to anyone who loves food.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Beck" <ersatzdog at gmail.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Tuesday, October 5, 2010 6:49:26 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] More on Robert Paul Wolff