[lbo-talk] Moe confirms

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Wed Oct 6 10:33:14 PDT 2010

On Wed, October 6, 2010 10:21 am, Dennis Claxton wrote:

> I guess three decades in non-metro Georgia can wear on you:
>
> http://www.nme.com/news/the-velvet-underground/53316
>
> Moe Tucker has confirmed that it is her in a news report featuring
> supporters of US pressure group the Tea Party.

Another bullet-point to add to the convergence between the Soviet collapse and the ongoing US meltdown. The Velvets were hugely popular in 1980s Eastern Europe, to the point that the end of the one-party state in Czechoslovakia was called the Velvet Revolution. The good citizens of Bohemia couldn't have known, of course, that they were jumping from the Brezhnevite pot into the neoliberal fire. US citizens have no such excuse.

-- DRR