[lbo-talk] Moe confirms

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 06:07:19 PDT 2010

Dennis Claxton

>CB: Hey , Eric Clapton makes good music and he's a quasi-fascist or something.

I never said Moe makes bad music. I'm a big fan.

^^^^ CB: I gathered that. I was supporting your implication that Moe could make good music even with bad politics, agreeing with you so to speak.

^^^^^ We've had this discussion many times. To take it up a notch, I like the idea that the intensity of someone's hatred can make their art compelling. China Mieville talks about this in reference to Lovecraft's racism and Celine's anti-semitism. He quotes Trotsky on Celine saying that the politics that make Celine an enemy also make him a great artist with an unflinching eye.

http://www.amazon.com/At-Mountains-Madness-Definitive-Classics/dp/0812974417#reader_0812974417