[lbo-talk] Harvey in Berkeley

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 04:09:01 PDT 2010

[WS:] Sorry for not being able to discern artfulness in this form of talk - that is what years of working in data mining do to you :) - but what exactly does all this mean? That is, other than showing erudition of the speaker and maybe the audience? In my narrow-minded "essentialist" world, the role of theory is to explain i.e. turn obscure into obvious, not the other way around. Can anyone explain what is the purpose of this generalized four-section wide intellectual edifice?

Wojtek