[lbo-talk] Harvey in Berkeley

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 08:59:35 PDT 2010

Rudy: "In short, its quite easy to ask for clarification, for an explanation, without this snarky tone."

[WS:] My intention was to make a sarcastic remark, not to ask for a clarification. I am an old coot and I know academic pissing contests in and out - it is not about explanation but about personality.

PS. Sarcasm was not aimed at Chuck (whose postings I enjoy,) but the genre in general.

Wojtek

^^^^^ CB: Around here Wojtek is famously a devotee of famous curmudgeon H.L. Mencken. They are both "from" Baltimore.