[lbo-talk] Save the CLR James library

Sean Andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 09:08:56 PDT 2010

UPDATE: If you filled out that petition, it worked. But you know that because you probably got this message earlier today.

Dear friend

Following a short meeting between representatives of BEMA and Members and officers of Hackney Council, an in principle agreement has been reached that the name of the new facility will carry the name of CLR James Library as per our campaign demand. A formal statement will follow shortly. Many thanks to the thousands who have supported our successful campaign online and in other ways.

Bema will be playing an ongoing role in the development of a permanent CLR James exhibition at the new library as well as the establishment of an annual event commemorating his life and work.

Ngoma Bishop & Andrea Enisuoh

*Campaign co-ordinators*

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 09:10, James Heartfield <Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk