[lbo-talk] They're printing another trillion....

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 01:01:28 PDT 2010

On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 2:07 AM, <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

We're fucking doomed. They're printing another trillion....check this out

> http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/matt-taibbi/blogs/TaibbiData_May2010/217520/83512

On matters economic, I'm the token dunce here. However, I recall thinking, back when everyone was panicking over deflationary spirals and the like, that printing a shit-ton of money would be a quick, efficient way to deal with both deflation and deficits. Can anyone explain in clear, simple language, what the flaws in my reasoning were? (This isn't a rhetorical question; I'm reasonably sure there were a few.)