[lbo-talk] FW: They're printing another trillion....

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Oct 10 16:41:50 PDT 2010

Probably I won't be reading this or any other list very much. It's perfectly legitimate for people to find what fun they can wherever they can, and obviously quite a few people get fun out of gossiping about this or that or complainng about this or that or sneering at this or that feature of the world. It would be silly (has been silly) of me to complain about this. It's just people living their lives.

But I have really ceased to have much interest in political or pseudopolitical discussion or "facts" that are not focused on witbd during a period when nothing that is done will make any particular difference. One act on the basis of expecting the unexpected, that is, the suddent response of masses of people to some issue. I want o discuss what we should do to make that surproise powerful when it comes, though we can't do anything directly to bring it about.

Carrol