[lbo-talk] what government spending?

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 08:28:42 PDT 2010

[WS:] The site from which you got these figures obviously looks like a right wing tabloid - I would not pay 2 cents for their "facts."

According to BEA data http://www.bea.gov/national/nipaweb/SelectTable.asp?Selected=Y table 1.1.5 government (fed, state & local) consumption expenditures and investment in 2009 were $2.9 trillion which is about 20% of GDP.

What I find particularly annoying is that finding believable numbers on the internet takes about 5 minutes (it actually took me 40 seconds, but I already know where to look for them) so numerically literate people should have no problem verifying "facts" published that obviously looks like a right wing tabloid. Yet, the self-styled state-hating lefties like James Heartfield have no qualms of disseminating this right wing propaganda as long as it fits their anti-state ideology. Shame on you.

Wojtek