[lbo-talk] What government spending?

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 11:51:57 PDT 2010

Miles Jackson

On 10/11/2010 03:28 PM, Shane Mage wrote:

> Which is why all such movements have failed to achieve their
> liberatory goals and all have either failed to displace old forms of
> oppressive rule or led to the installation of new forms of oppressive
> rule. There are no exceptions to this. Liberatory change will be the
> accomplishment of the overwhelming majority or it will not be.
>
> Shane Mage

Your claim is clearly contradicted by historical evidence. The American Revolution? The Civil rights movement? After the "liberatory change", the majority came around, not vice versa. (I did this tango with Julio H. a number of years ago, but I'm ready for another twirl on the dance floor!)

Miles

^^^^ CB: You basically admit that Shane is correct. The movements didn't succeed until the majorities "came around". You might say all movements were _started_ by smaller numbers, but they were achieved, done effected only when the majorities followed the lead of the leading groups.