[lbo-talk] what government spending?

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 11:59:11 PDT 2010

Doug, I do not disagree with you - all I am trying to say is that lumping transfers with government consumption expenditures is not the best strategy for someone who is advocating increase in government spending (which I do.) Transfers, such as social security, are a direct benefit to households, so they would not constitute "government waste" by any stretch of imagination, as the right wing trolls try to argue. Nor do they stimulate the economy during the recession, so excluding them makes sense if you want to show that government does not spend enough. That is it.

Wojtek