[lbo-talk] KKardashian and Barbara Kruger

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 12 15:37:22 PDT 2010

If anything surprised me anymore I'd say I was surprised to see Barbara Kruger's name here. She's come full circle since she started at W's owner Conde Nast:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/gossip/2010/10/kim-kardashian-naked-w-magazine.html

Kim Kardashian is baring all again, this time for W magazine's annual art issue. The reality TV star gets cheeky on the cover as her skin plays peekaboo with pasted-over typography.

The concept cover was executed by artist Barbara Kruger, illustrated over a photo by celeb snapper Mark Seliger.

Curvy Kim tells the mag she used to think: "I have to be this or that or skinny, and now, because of the show, everyone is embracing just me, which has given me such a confidence. Now, I'm like, 'Why did I ever give that feeling the time of day?'"

Yes, we can see the embracing all over. Additional photos in the issue have Kardashian dipped in silver paint, as inspired by Jeff Koons' Silver Bunny, and in an homage to artists Gilbert & George's Singing Sculpture.