[lbo-talk] Rêve Générale

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 13 12:57:47 PDT 2010

At 12:41 PM 10/13/2010, Doug Henwood wrote:

>Well sure, but hacking the Google traffic API is so enormously
>different from the pace of Chinese rail-building that they hardly
>belong in the same universe.

Right. But didn't we have that pace here before? How do you repeat that? I'm not saying Google hacking is the answer, but the question is valid.

And, to keep with rail projects, they don't always solve the problems we think they do. Here in LA, rail projects in the last 20+years have been designed to get low-wage workers into the city from low(er)-rent areas miles outside. These projects contribute nothing to reducing auto traffic in the city, which is mostly people driving from home to work and back within the city.