[lbo-talk] Rêve Générale

brandelune at gmail.com brandelune at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 18:00:28 PDT 2010

On 14 oct. 10, at 09:49, SA wrote:

>>> Speaking of fucking with grammar, try not to notice the superfluous "e" at the end of "Général" (in the subject line). I don't know how I managed to do that...
>> With the "e" it makes Rêve a feminine word which usually mean "party with a lot of ecstasy" (or whatever is used nowadays).
>
> But that's not what they meant, is it? The dance party is spelled like in English - "une rave" - no?

I've seen both. But indeed rave is more commonly used. In any case, the way they use the term makes the dream much more "psychedelic" than had it been in normal masculine form.

Jean-Christophe Helary ---------------------------------------- fun: http://mac4translators.blogspot.com work: http://www.doublet.jp (ja/en > fr) tweets: http://twitter.com/brandelune