[lbo-talk] Why Semiotext(e) Are Reactionary Douchebags

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 14 08:58:09 PDT 2010

Louis Proyect wrote:

> The publisher was on Marxmail long ago. Maybe still is, but I doubt it.

I swear, Semiotext(e) is like a parody of credulous North American radical chic academics who will lap up anything coming from the continent.

I mean, Deleuze and Agamben are surely an acquired taste, not something likely to interest more "classical" Marxists, but certainly clearly on the left, and recognized as such over here as well.

But Sloterdijk?! In addition to being a hardcore neo-liberal right-winger, he's also just boring. Trendy queer studies/post-structuralist types over here pay no attention to him; he's as staid and middlebrow as public intellectuals come. It's bizarre to see Semiotext(e) publishing him.