[lbo-talk] Why Semiotext(e) Are Reactionary Douchebags

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 14 12:50:54 PDT 2010

Oh come on - Semiotext(e) have some cool stuff you won't find anywhere else; to wit, Michel Foucault's _Remarks on Marx_, a collection of his (evolving and conflicted) takes on Marxism. There is still an enormous need for a reprint of this book, as I think leftists (and anyonne) could really use a handy all-in-one-place guide to Foucault and Marx, in the same way AK Press finally put out the _Chomsky on Anarchism_ compilation.

As far as Sloterdijk, I also was able to snag a copy of his _Critique of Cynical Reason_, but by the University of Minnesota Press, 1988 edition. Maybe U of MN is also crypto-fascist? And does anyone know if Sloterdijk's "Rules for the HUman Zoo" has a proper English translation...?

-B.

----- Original Message ---- From: James Heartfield <Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Thu, October 14, 2010 2:22:09 PM Subject: [lbo-talk] Why Semiotext(e) Are Reactionary Douchebags

'Because they publish the reactionary neo-liberal "philosopher" Peter Sloterdijk' writes Angelus Novis

Still, I enjoyed his Critique of Cynical Reason...